UCHS CS1 - Unit A: Web Design
1. Legal Issues
Copyright Infringement: A person can violate a copyright by using someone else's work without permission. Copyright infringement is breaking the law. A copyright holder has the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute his or her works.
Watch the short video on copyright. Read Copyright rules and fair use. Summarize on the board. Learn about Creative Commons and Google Images usage rights. Search Creative Commons. Learn how to edit images using Pixlr. Plan Poster explaining copyright rules and where you can get legal photos. Create Poster using PowerPoint. Download jpg to your computer, upload into google docs and share with me. SAVE for later.
3. Add a HTML page to your website.
2. Create Your Own Site
1. Follow Mrs. Davis as she directs you through the creation of your own website in Weebly. An account has been created for you.
2. Your first initial and last name should be the name of your website.
3. Select a theme. You can change this later if you want to. Your theme should include a layout with a picture in the layout. You may change the picture later. Add Text in Front of the picture that says:
University Christian High School
Introduction to Computer Science
4. The layout of your Home (Splash) page should have 3 columns. The first column should contain a welcome statement and explain what the website is for. The 2nd column should have University Christian High School and under that the school mission statement, and a link to UCHigh.com. The 3rd column should have your name and a short bio. No address or phone numbers!
5. Add pages to create a horizontal menu across the top portion of the splash page as follows: Home, Ethics, Moore's Law, EDP, Security, Programming, Binary, Robotics, Logic, Electronics, Arduino.